EMS launches European lab-on-wheels for AB Sciex
Event Marketing Solutions (EMS) is taking a global life sciences technology firm on the road to engage food safety testing, biomedical research and pharmaceutical brands across Europe.
AB SCIEX, the world leader in life science analytical technologies, commissioned a specially-designed laboratory-on-wheels from EMS for a tour of European countries to promote mass spectrometers to new and existing customers.
The MASStastic Voyage roadshow will take scientists out on the road with AB SCIEX’s laboratory solutions for three weeks from the end of October 2012, with the major part of the tour in the first half of 2013. It will visit a host of locations including client and public sites as well as science parks.
EMS designed and fitted out the MASStastic Voyage exhibition vehicle to house AB SCIEX’s LC/MS/MS instrumentation and enable live product demonstrations. It has three separate spaces:
- a registration point incorporating iPads and plasma screens with interactive games and information
- a product zone where visitors can witness the state-of-the-art technologies
- a demonstration area where people can get hands-on with the equipment
- There is also a flexible meeting area for one-to-one meetings or use as a private space for staff
EMS CEO Keith Austin said: “The European MASStastic Voyage tour is another prime example of how our solutions are providing innovative ways for technology companies to take heavy, complex equipment to existing and potential clients so that they can trial it for themselves.
“AB SCIEX products are of particularly high value, as well heavyweight and used for sensitive analysis, so we were challenged to find a way to make their lab-on-wheels safe and secure when in transit. The solution is stunning. The environment is high-tech and spacious with a scientific edge. It makes the most of the technology, providing a valuable environment for visitors to learn and get to grips with the kit in their own time.”
Steve Taylor, Market Development Manager at AB SCIEX added: “We have enjoyed great success with a tour in the US and so it really was a natural step for us to want to extend into Europe. EMS has proved a perfect partner, ensuring high spec design and fit out of a vehicle, as well as planning, logistics and delivery of a complex tour. It has also provided us with the opportunity to support our product partner brands Phenomenex and Peak Scientific.
“This will be a unique, must-attend experience for visitors as we have invited them to bring along liquid samples so that they can trial the product for themselves, witnessing our solutions first hand. The MASStastic Voyage vehicle enables us to provide a mobile lab experience during the day, which makes way for a hospitality space in the evening, so we get the best of both worlds.”
- Two-stage tour aimed at existing and potential clients in food safety testing, environmental analysis, academic research, forensic toxicology and pharmaceuticals
- Part 1 - 29 October 2012 for three weeks including UK, Germany, France and Spain
- Part 2 - Q1 and Q2 across Southern and Eastern Europe
- High-tech fit out of Voyage 1 vehicle with three distinct areas including registration, product information and live demonstration
- Private VIP events on client sites as well as in public locations for engaging a wider audience
- Opportunity to promote product partner brands Phenomenex and Peak Scientific