Ciena hits Mobile World Congress after UAE success
Leading global telecommunications equipment provider Ciena builds on a highly successful Middle East tour for its EMEA roadshow with a visit to the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Delegates at the annual global technology event saw working demonstrations of Ciena’s industry-leading network equipment and software solutions at its unique mobile‘Innovation Lab’.
Managed by B2B roadshow specialist Event Marketing Solutions, Ciena’s campaign has visited42 venues in 14 European and Middle Eastern countries since debuting at last year’s Mobile World Congress event. Ciena’s mobile exhibition trailer has travelled nearly 26,000 miles and spent 39 weeks on the road, clocking up 92 event days.
The Middle East leg of the tour in December and January reached important clients in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Khobar and Kuwait.
Last week, the nearly 60,000 visitors to Mobile World Congress had the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with Ciena’s intelligent infrastructure solutions, including some of the most advanced Carrier Ethernet and optical network technologies on the market.
Following the successful event in Barcelona, Ciena’s roadshow heads back to the UK before returning to the road to continue its European tour - Paris being the first stop.
EMS designed and managed the innovative, flexible fit-out of the 13.6m exhibition vehicle, which is branded, with multi-lingual capacity that allows different graphics to be used for each country.
The interior enables Ciena to deliver a bespoke event for each client they visit, from workshops to theatre style. It includes a reception area, specially designed fully air-conditioned server rack to demonstrate and store the high-tech
equipment safely, presentation zones with LED screens, interactive workstation area and private meeting room.
Keith Austin, CEO at EMS said: “Ciena’s arrival at Mobile World Congress marks a highly successful 12 months engaging with the worldwide market in a campaign that has broken international boundaries. Each new country has enabled the Ciena team to build relationships face-to-face with a vast number of customers, providing a valuable new business platform.
“The success of the Ciena roadshow has been a tribute to the highly effective, and often complex operational solutions that we can deliver to organisations, which have a real impact on the bottom line.”
- Ciena Innovation Lab visited Mobile World Congress, Barcelona; February 27-March 1; Potential reach: 60,000+ visitors
- In last 12 months, EMS-managed roadshow has visited 42 venues in 14 European and Middle Eastern countries
- Aim: deliver working demonstrations of Ciena’s industry-leading network equipment and software solutions
- Travelled nearly 26,000 miles and spent 39 weeks on the road, clocking up 92 event days.
- Middle East leg of tour visited Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Khobar and Kuwait.
- EMS designed and managed fit-out of 13.6m exhibition trailer and handled all logistics in a complex schedule